Friday 23 August 2013

The Start of a Big Move...

So as I mentioned in my first blog post, I am moving to London! This will be my first time living without my parents and I am super nervous. Up until the other day none of this has actually felt real, it was only when I started shopping for my new bedroom essentials is when it all started to sink in.

Some of you might be in the same position as me, moving away from home for the first time and now starting to admit that for the next three years you're going to be a typical skint student living off 11p noodles. Since my family all know that this is the case, I've had a lot of help and I was so delighted when my Grandad kindly offered me some money to buy some new bedsheets and other things for my bedroom.

I decided to go to Primark because I've seen some really cute duvet sets whilst I've been working there which I couldn't resist!


The first duvet set I picked up was this cute "ditsy floral" print. It kind of reminded me of something my grandma would have in her house. I want a really cute girly room so I'm going for a kind of granny-chic, shabby kind of thing. Not mention this set was on sale for just £7! The next one I don't really have an excuse for, it probably doesn't really fit with the theme of my room but it is just so adorable! It's also double sided, so it's essentially two duvet sets for the price of one.


I've never really seen patterned bed sheets before, so when I noticed these for just £8 I had to buy them, I figured the dog print sheet would go perfectly with my pug duvet set, and the heart patterned sheets would look cute with either or! I know patterned bed sheets might be pretty pointless since they will be covered up with my duvet but I liked them!


I must admit these are not essential at all, but for £3 I don't really care. I think they would look awesome, fairy lights are such an easy way to cuten up any room!



Primark didn't seem to have much of a range of laundry baskets and this one was by far the nicest one, although, I do think it's a bit childish the colours will look nice in my room. (There was a plain white one but I really didn't like it.) I think the fact that I can shrink it down into this little bag will really come in handy when living in a small flat.

And that just about covers everything in my mini homeware haul!

Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment